Under state law, school districts are required to ensure that all members of school athletic teams have accidental injury insurance that covers medical and hospital expenses. The insurance requirement can be met by the school district offering insurance or other health benefits that cover medical and hospital expenses (Education code Section 32221.5).
School District Offered Insurance – www.studentinsuranceusa.com
2) Read all directions and click on the provided link – https://www.k12specialmarkets.com/Enroll_1.aspx
3) Follow prompts – California & Kearny (w/ Small School)
4) Pick type of insurance needed
(a) $335.00 – Voluntary Sports Coverage 9-12 – w/ Football
(b) $105.00 – Voluntary Sports Coverage (excludes football)
5) Continue through prompts to purchase
6) Print insurance card and record needed information to athletic clearance online form.
Some pupils may qualify to enroll in no-cost or low-cost local, state, or federally sponsored health insurance programs. Information about these programs may be obtained by calling:
(1) The Healthy Families Program: 1-800-880-5305
(2) MediCal: 1-800-541-5555
(3) San Diego Kids Health Assurance Network (SD-KHAN): 1-800-675-2229; www.sdcounty.ca.gov
3851 Rosecrans Street, Suite 522
San Diego, CA 92110-3115
(4) Child Health and Disability Prevention Program: 1-800-675-2229 for Homeless or Foster Youth
Free medical and dental check ups.